Oftentimes, the fear of construction stops potential customers from building their dream metal building — whether it’s a building project as simple as a metal garage or pole barn, or as complex as a barndominium. Many worry that the construction process for a sturdy steel building won’t really be DIY, and will instead require hours of professional labor, or thousands of dollars spent on heavy equipment. But don’t worry. Worldwide Steel buildings really are easy to construct and cost-effective.
To make sure you get the most building for your budget, Worldwide Steel Buildings designs their buildings for an easy assembly process.
Steps of the Steel Building Assembly Process
- Pour a concrete slab to accommodate the square foot dimensions of your building design, and ensure the slab is set and free of debris.
- Offload all the building materials necessary to erect your metal building kit, and make sure you have everything you need.
- Set the truss legs on either side of the debris-free slab. You can consider this the official first step of your building construction — congratulations!
- Add your girts. Also known as wall studs or secondary framing, these pre-engineered components are placed on two-foot centers for superior strength.
- Set the girders: Assemble these on the ground first, and then hoist them into position.
- Add purlins: These are also placed on two foot centers to ensure your building is the strongest on the market.
- Complete the end walls using endwall columns and side plates.
- Frame your openings: A representative from Worldwide Steel will discuss which size and type of doors and windows are best suited for your building type before you order, and these components of your steel building will fit like a glove.
- Install any doors or windows. Overhead doors will need to be framed differently than other doors and windows, but these instructions will be included with your steel building kit.
- Sheet walls and roof with sheet metal panels and roof panels.
- Add your deluxe trim kit, if you’ve chosen one (and we recommend you do!), along with gutters and other trim components.
- Enjoy your new steel building! Whether you’ve built the workshop you’ve always wanted, or you’ve finally got a garage big enough for all your toys, you know your Worldwide Steel Building will stand up to anything mother nature can throw at it.
If building your own steel building seems like a daunting process, we get it. It’s a lot of pressure for a building you want to last a lifetime! But don’t forget that many, many inexperienced builders have constructed their steel structures with zero issues, and that there are many experienced contractors in your area that can help with the building process, if that’s the route you decide to go. Even better: because your high-quality steel building goes together in a snap, you pay less in labor costs.
At Worldwide Steel, we’re not only your partner through the design process, we’re also your building manufacturer! That’s right — no middle man. That means we can be confident enough to offer you a 50-year structural warranty on your steel frame building … which in turn should make you more confident in Worldwide Steel, and in your own construction abilities.
To get a quote on your new garage or workshop today, call us at (800) 825-0316.