Steel Building Construction
At Worldwide Steel Buildings, we’re proud to be experts in steel structure building construction. Not because we like to brag, but because our expertise means our customers don’t have to be experts.
All our steel building kits are designed to be erected by people without any experience on previous construction projects. So if you’re worried about your ability to build a steel structure from the ground up, don’t be. We’re here to help!
Our state-of-the-art building design and unique combination of building materials make construction of Worldwide Steel building kits simple and trouble-free. You don’t need to hire a professional crew of general contractors, rent specialized heavy machinery, or block off weeks for the construction process. You just have to clear your construction site, read our DIY Instruction Guide, and get ready to roll up your sleeves.
How does Worldwide Steel Buildings make the construction process so easy for our customers? We do more work in our manufacturing center – ensuring the highest quality building materials and most solid steel framing – so you do less work on site.
The photos below provide a real-work look at a building project in action, start to finish, with no detail undocumented. When it comes down to it, though, the Worldwide Steel construction process can be broken down into six main steps:
- The wall trusses are bolted to basic concrete piers that are anchored into the ground under your concrete slab. The strength of the steel and the bolts keeps your building straight and secure, permanently.
- Standard steel girts attach with self-tapping screws into pre-welded clips. Together, the trusses and the girts make up your wall framing.
- The roofing trusses are connected to the wall trusses, or side columns, with more heavy duty bolts.
- Steel roof purlins (or wood, if you choose) are attached to the roofing, framing that out.
- The roof’s eave line is sealed off with a pre-formed closure strip, to keep out birds and anything else that might be blown in by the wind.
- The side sheeting, or walls, are sealed off along the bottom to guard against moisture, rodents and insects.
Did you notice how many times we used words like “self-tapping,” “pre-welded” and pre-formed”? That’s what makes Worldwide Steel construction so simple and so quick. And if you do run into any head-scratchers, our team is always here to help. We’re just a phone call away!